Many people don’t think of divorces as happy, which is why the story from today’s guests is an important one!
When Nikki DeBartolo and Benjamin Heldond got divorced, they devised a strategy to put their son’s needs first.
Together, they helped each other heal and build a new, blended, family.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Nikki and Ben came to be “Our Happy Divorce”
- The markers/moments that they knew it was time to divorce
- When you’re trying to find the “right” way through separation
- Nikki’s and Ben’s response to someone who says “I have to stay for the kids”
- Their individual pain points in their divorce
- Their prioritization of their son
- The key piece of respect and mutuality
For more from Our Happy Divorce:
Ready to learn how to repair, feel closer after the fight, and connect with your partner? Join me in my FREE MASTERCLASS. I will teach you my 4 A’s on how to repair so that you can look at your partner and feel like a team again.
"Such a fantastic compilation of well curated interviews and ideas to support relationships! You will walk away with concrete ideas and big shifts to help your marriage. The podcast beautifully compliments her membership for anyone living in a pandemic and also married." - Drsfe
Join My Monthly Newsletter
Get actionable tips directly to your inbox.
About the Show
I'm Not Your Shrink is a podcast aimed at helping you feel connected to yourself, to others, and to live a life aligned with what matters most to you. I bring you clinical knowledge and evidence based research, along with experiences of sitting in the therapist chair along with being a wife and mother. I'm joined by subject matter experts to talk about everyday issues we all face to change the dialogue in your life.